View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Yes, for most people it's too much and I don't normally recommend it.

Years ago, while talking with a friend who owned a private plane he explained that periodic oil testing is required. IMO, that discussion with my friend and Bob's focus are basically saying the same thing. It doesn't cost that much and would save you the trouble of changing your oil needlessly. On the other hand it's the best way to identify a problem early on.

As I mentioned in a previous post on this subject, IMO court is still out on the correct interval for DCT oil changes - a guess - 60,000 miles is good - 100,000 is asking for big trouble. Why? Because 60k works well for most auto transmissions and they share some of the same tech as the DCT. I think turbo engines oil needs to changed 3500 - 4000 miles max due to the heat, and there would be a lot of people on Bob's forum who would agree with me based on their personal test data.

HerrK's suggestion is good simple suggestion that would work well for most people.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0