01-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm wondering what 400 hot laps should translate into in the real world in terms of mileage? It seems impressive but I don't know how to apply this data.
Racing laps provide good data for developing formulas but I'm not sure how well that information translates directly to day-to-day driving with significant hot to cold down cycles. I think you asked these questions before, and it appears we did not adequately answer them for you.

Here's a site that could be useful to anyone wanting to get the bottom line on automotive lubrication. IMO they are very trustworthy, but like anything else you'll need to find the middle ground you are comfortable with. Although the site can be extremely technical, they strongly advocate taking periodic fluid samples to obtain lab test to determine the correct schedule based on your style of driving. IMO this is key to separating fact from fiction.

BOB IS THE OIL GUY

BOB IS THE OIL GUY - Oil Analysis General Questions

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Last edited by teagueAMX; 01-22-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0