First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggk View Post
Getting ready to purchase soon and would appreciate feedback from folks for their views on must have vs so so vs dont need at all options. Here is what I think right now:

Model: 2012 35is

Blue with the kansas walnut leather and brushed aluminum.

Options I want with a few questions:

cold weather, premium package, premium sound

BMW assist-…..I’m assuming this is the handsfree bluetooth phone feature which is important to me. The assist not so important with AAA and a mobile phone these days. Is the hands free just through the radio independent of a Nav system?

Parking assist-……is this audio beeping only versus my SUV which the rear camera shows the video on my radio screen/nav system? which I love. The BMW system seems more rudimentary but still an important safety feature.

19 inch wheels…more stylish to me than the standard 18 inch

Options not considering

Nav System…I have a nav system in my family SUV (but not in my 2005 Z4) and have used maybe 10 times in four years. With iphone/ipad GPS if necessary I don’t see the need. Thoughts? Are there any other things it will do besides giving me directions? Any cool interfacings with other options?

Keyless entry..if there was an automatic start when outside the car like my SUV then I would consider but this just seems to be a key FOB type of option.

6 disc changer …if I can utilize my Iphone and have a single disc if necessary why would I need this? Also regarding my iphone, is it an audio plug in to interface with the sound system?

Automatic High Beams..dont see the need...rarely use..will turn on if I need to

BMW apps..my understanding is only can get with Nav system. Why do I need? The one upside is I can fully integrate my iphone? This means it is fully operational from the Nav system board? And is chargable? For another $2,500 with the Nav system… I’m not so sure how much value there is to this if I can plug in my iphone .

Thanks
I got that same color and trim combo. Picked it up last week. I have gotten lots of compliments on how it looks. I haven't yet played with all the features of the idrive, but I like it overall. I have found the park assist very helpful. I think it is hard to tell just where the front and back of the car are. It does seem to pick up on some curbs too. Comfort access I really like. As said before it is nice to not have to pull the keys out. I think you also have to have ca to use the remote to put the top down/up with the key fob.

Definitely agree with the premium package and sound package additions. I had a six disc changer in my last car and the same six discs sat in it while I listened to satellite radio.

Good luck with your search.
Appreciate 0