View Single Post
      03-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #11
SquireG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4-SDrive35i

Look, I am not complaining about some possible future event. I am telling my fellow forum members that this is the second failure I have had in the last 4 months. First failure came at 1,500 miles, second failure came at 5,000 miles. The BMW roadside assistance is wonderful, but, would any of you want to be inconvenienced waiting for a wrecker, having your car towed to the dealer at 10 p.m. at night, having to hitch a ride to work the next day and deal with all the BS that comes with having your car in the shop for an extended period of time and not once, but twice? I bet the answer is no. Especially not after you spent over 50 grand on a 2 seat sports car. It is unbelievable to me. Oh, and just so you guys know, there was no warning the second time. Just one long crank and them full failure. So, you can very easily be stranded at any time.

Teagueamx, your post is right on the money. Thank you for your thoughtful insight. The rest of the posters who think this can't or won't happen to them, I hope you're rright, but, I'd be willing to bet that you're not. Good luck to all of you and I hope you don't have to go through this BS. I will be talking to my division rep at BMW and expressing my displeasure.
Appreciate 0