View Single Post
      03-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
SquireG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4-SDrive35i

Oh No - Not Again - HPFP

OK, now I am a reasonable fellow. I don't ask for much from a $50,000+ sports car, you know, start stop, go fast, look good doing it. Usual stuff. I cannot meet any of those objectives this weekend. My 2009 Z4 35i is back at BMW due to, you guessed it, hpfp, and possibly an injector issue. I already had the hpfp replaced once at 1,500 miles, now at 5,000 miles car long cranks, engine light comes on, message saying engine operating at reduced power and she is bucking like a bronco all the way home. Barely made it home as a matter of fact. Had it flat bedded to BMW and they said the codes lit up like a christmas tree.

So here is my question to the group, given that BMW extended the warranty to 10 yrs, 120,000 miles, should I be satisfied with that, or, do I pursue this with the regional rep at BMW and say something like, you know what, I bought a $50,000+ BMW first because I love the z4 and second becuase of BMW's reputation for quality, etc. BMW is letting me down. They know there is a design flaw and one day soon it is going to leave me stranded. I don't know when, I don't know where, but it will happen and I can't be towing my z4 into the dealer ever 4 months to change out the fuel pump.

You can tell by my tone that I am being sarcastic, but seriously, this has me really upset and mad. I cannot believe that in the span of 6 months and 5,000 miles I am having these kinds of issues. And don't get me started on what a piece of sh*t the base radio is. The loaner 328 they gave me has the professional radio and it is great. I am so disappointed with the base radio I cannot believe they even call it a radio......;(
Appreciate 0