07-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
I got the car back from the dealership and they confirmed it is the low pressure fuel pump that is going faulty. Parts are on order and scheduled to arrive Friday morning. My service advisor claimed she could not hear anything. I can't believe she could not hear what I was hearing coming from the rear. I asked her to step outside and listen near the rear wheels and still nothing. She ended up getting the shop foreman who confirmed the noise. He then still wanted to compare it to the demonstrator on the lot just to make sure. Demonstrator had no humming at idle.
When I brought my car in last month, they confirmed the noise right away and they overnighted my part so they had the new pump the next day.

I can't believe they went through all of that to confirm the humming. It is well documented that both types of fuel pumps have problems. At least they are going to fix it. I read of one person on one of these boards who have the humming, but it is not showing up on the diagnostics so they won't replace it. I asked my SA whether they went by noise, diagnostic equipment, or both and he said just the humming noise.
E36 - 1998 Z3 2.8 (Red, black leather, wood trim)
Appreciate 0