View Single Post
      11-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
solidgold
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

Maserati GT pressed me

Just filtered into the highway while slowly filtering to the fast lane, a Maserati GT squeezed right behind me. He came damn close as if he wanted to smell my butt. It was in the evening with loads of car on the freeway and there wasn't any room to move faster. Still he tailgated me for more than 2km. I was driving 100km/hr (highway speed limit is 90km/hr) and there wasn't room for me to move to the slower lanes either. Frustrated, I tried to slow down to create a gap between the front car and mine. Once gap is bigger, I pushed my twin-turbo N54 to close the gap to see how fast the GT can catch up. Well, he did keep up. When it was time to for me to filter out to make an exit, he zipzaged to the extreme slow lane and try to block my path. I gave it a shove and blasted out of the corner into the middle lane before filtering out to exit. If not for my wife (who is not comfortable with such maneuvers), I would not have relented. From the looks of it, I don't think the Z4 s35i is that inferior to that bloody heavy-ass Maserati GT.
Appreciate 0