View Single Post
      05-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

I too came from the E85 to the E89. I also drove the Z3 M roadster and compared it to the E89 and I couldn't tell much different from the power plant. They both felt pretty darned fast. I will same though there is one thing I like about the E89 that you cant get in the E85 and that is the instant changing of gears. If I changed gears with a clutch that fast I would certainly be grinding away the teeth. it is like a jolt in the pants. Luv luv luv...

I do like the hard top conv better than my ole rag top. I found that ragg top cleaner every six months was a lot of work. The car had to be very clean and dry and enclosed in the garage for 24 hours for it to dry. Plus the problems with the old tops freezing up due to moisture in the mechanisms always worried me. very expensive to make right. While the new top does have its quirks it is usually a sensor that goes bad or something like that.

Over all I love how wide the E89 looks the way they made the grill wider makes the car look mean.

I think the E85 handled a bit better on stock tires. I could take curves at higher speeds with it than the E89 but I am still happy. I deal with the body roll and then the car plants itself in the curve. I have had it slip a couple times where I thought I would go off roading but it seemed to catch and take the curve.

I love the sounds it makes on down shifting. sometimes in slow traffic I drive in 1st or 2nd just so that I can hear the loud blurps.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. I miss my E85 at times but then I just romp on it a little and I am ok from there.