04-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #60
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
Honestly, I didn't get this car for the looks, status, or to get girls. I got it because I genuinely love driving and i love cars. And hopefully this won't be the nicest car I'll be driving in the next 10 years. The thing with me, is that I'm of a certain race. And in our culture, our parents pretty much pay for everything until we get into residency, and sometimes even up until we start practicing.(The Medical profession is the only profession for us, I'm afraid.) For example, my Uncle just got my cousin an R8 for him becoming Chief resident. Now he's doing some sort of fellowship or something at Harvard. (Not exactly sure what he's doing there, actually. I think it's his interventional cardiology fellowship.) Its a foreign concept to most people, they think we're "spoiled", but that's just our culture.
This thing is getting way out of hand. This dialogue is not what this forum's about. I don't know what "culture" you belong to but if I said the things you said about yourself, I'd be flamed out of here. Your excuse of "this is just the way it's done" is pathetic and I think your sense of self-entitlement is atrocious. Go get a job, fend for yourself and grow up.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0