07-31-2018, 04:09 PM   #17
taranfx
Z4 35is
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is || 2016 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
1. Rear is the most difficult, you may want adjustable endlinks. For some reason mine also came with the wrong bushings rear, so I used a pair of modified powerflex bushings.
2. I started with middle, and now run the stiffest. It is still safe enough on my car, as the rear still has greater traction with stock alignment on the track. (Stiffer sway bar normally means less traction)
3. Alot (compared to non-m sport).
4. Absolutely (compared to non-m sport). It is much stiffer over bumbs etc.

My car uses non-m sport springs in combination with koni fsd and M arms/bushings front rear. It is still comfortable enough for longer road trips. The exprience may be different when comparing to m-sport sway bars in combination with m-sport springs.

I actually run the stiffest setting rear without adjustable endlinks. The bar touches the powerflex bushing on my differential (bushing problem). Otherwise no problems. I have posted pictures over at spo olstreet.
Thank you so much!
> 2. I started with middle, and now run the stiffest. It is still safe enough on my car, as the rear still has greater traction with stock alignment on the track.

Do you recommend stiffest setting for daily driving and occasional canyon carving? I just hate bodyroll when I push hard on canyons. Do you think medium setting would be good enough without compromising much on daily comfort?

> 4. Absolutely (compared to non-m sport). It is much stiffer over bumbs etc.

The previous author says no difference. Which makes me wonder. I thought adding stiffer swaybar only reduces independence of the suspension. Does it also stiffens the normal ride when both wheels hit a bump/pothole by adding spring rate? Sorry I'm new to this

http://speed.academy/how-swaybars-work/2/
"However, the upside to controlling body roll via stiffer anti-sway bars, compared to doing so with stiffer shocks and springs, is that unlike stiffer shocks and springs, antisway bars don’t make the suspension stiffer in the vertical plane, meaning stiffer anti-sway bars can help control body roll with less compromise to overall ride quality."

Last edited by taranfx; 07-31-2018 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0