01-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #33
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyracecar View Post
I do not like the dealership where I live at all...

I have spoken with management and they simply do not care.. They tried to scare me into buying extended warranty for a recent household acquisition etc. which I do not appreciate [last interaction with them]...

I have never bought a car there [and would make the 1.5 hr drive to another dealership that I do like if I were to buy a new car] but have needed to use their service dept for warranty issues in the past and probably will in the future.

I love BMW's despite the local stealership experience-

I do not trust them in the least - so much so that the few times I have had to go there in the past 8 years, I watch every little thing they do to my car... much to their annoyance [and they make sure I know that my behavior is 'inconvenient']

BUT that is the cost to have them eat the bill and while a bit obsessive, I feel my time is well spent making sure they don't molest my car..

I have gone as far as to call in the shop manager when something was not being done correctly.. he agreed and another tech finished that job - since then I still watch but request the same tech now and HE does a good job while the rest seem to slack.. FIND a good TECH [and good SA] at your local dealership? and only let him touch your car

I have a GREAT independent shop that does everything else that I cannot do on my own and they have no issue w/ me pulling up a chair and sitting next to my car while she is operated on.. I always keep old/used parts and make sure I see the old fluids as well..
and one of the mechanics that works there came from... the same shitty dealership i loathe
I think it's great you pull up a chair and watch I do the same but I would drive the extra miles and use the other dealer.