View Single Post
      07-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
zoomzoomers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si 6MT

Just got back from a research forum for the new prototype Z4 this past Sunday

I went to this thing this past Sunday to check out and critic the new Z4 prototype at the Pomona fairplex this past Sunday. At the event we got to critic, sit in and discuss other cars along with the prototype. Such as the current Z4, Porsche Boxter, MB SLK350, Mazda Miata Hardtop, Nissan 350Z Roadster and the new Z4 prototype.

Please take this with a grain of salt. It was only the prototype and it wasn't a running model. So they told us. Let me just say, WOW!!! The thing looked awsome. They didn't let us bring cell phones, cameras or anything. They actually pat you down with a metal detector before you enter.

New flash. The prototype was a retractable hardtop and the thing looks so good I almost asked where to put the deposit down to. The thing looks so agressive and mean it's no joke. The car doesn't look anything like the current Z. If anything the current Z sitting next to it look plain Jane and boring compared to the prototype. Unfortunately, the prototype had the idrive in it. It looks like it will also have the new 3.0 TT in her too. They asked us how we felt about a Z4 (prototype) that would have 306 hp. Since the 3.0 TT in the 335i has 306 hp (in Europe), I figured that's what it must be. The lines of the car are down right sexy and the car looked like it would cost $100k +. They did a very good job of designing the exterior of her. I really hope it makes it to production. It seems that BMW wants to compete with the competition and get a retractable hardtop of their own. Which would mean that the Z4 coupe has seen it's final days.

If you have any questions let me know. I might be able to remember more if you asked some questions.

Bruce Lee
Appreciate 0