View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #43
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

SA called to tell me the insurance agent approved two new wheels which are on order with an ETA tomorrow (Fri). Hopefully will get the new design wheels. RFT's will go in the trash soon as they are down to the last 2K miles or so. I could almost sense the tone that the SA would not have been so amiable without the insurance. Almost like he was disappointed in having to give me the wheels. He gave me a line of BS about the tires being unsafe and hitting the wear bars. Unfortunately for him I know the location and markings on the sidewalls for the tread wear indicators (TWI or Triangle) - Not there yet bud, which shut him up quickly. Remount the RFT's. Michellin PSS soon to be on order. So my initial 5 yr 50K mile @ $1200 Tire & Wheel Investment, has "Paid off in Full" & then some @ $2+K worth of hardware - two new rear tires at ~ 5k miles due to screws, two new wheels, and a total hassle free experience. So no complaints here.

It's just a real pity that it has to be this "insurance way" where owner's can't count on BMW engineering (failure to issue a safety recall), management (cognizant of engineering/supplier problems more concerned with $ loss control than customer satifaction), & the omnipresent accountants and lawyers (who create & defend the corporate $$ greed).

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0