Thread: Noobs
View Single Post
      02-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #531
bryanhoag
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 sDrive 35i 6MT

Have been a member for a while.. but never posted to the noobs section and probably should...

I grew up with my father's Z3 (1998 2.8L Dakar Yellow Special Edition). That was handed down to me a few years ago... I enjoyed it for a while and then parted with it to upgrade to a 2000 Z3 M Roadster (Black with red/black interior and red top). Finally Summer 2018, I finally pulled the trigger and upgraded to a Z4. My criteria were pretty strict... I wanted a 35i 6MT with MSport Package, Cold Weather Package, and Technology/Navigation package. I was also hoping for a post LCI model... which restricted me to 2014, last year of the 6MT on the 35i. That last piece of the puzzle proved to be too restrictive... so I finally made my move when I found a late MY2013 with everything I wanted, in a color combo I like. I then retrofitted the headlights and side-markers... getting pretty close to a post-LCI Z4.

I'm not much of a performance nut.. but I did have the Dinan Stage 3 installed (it was on sale). Aside from that my upgrades include:

-UniChip CarPlay system with Back Up Camera
-Swapped the cigarette lighter tray for a sunglasses holder
-Swapped out the cupholder/phone tray for a large oddments tray
-Retrofitted the headlights and side-markers
-"Custom-made" an illuminated shift knob using the base of the stock knob and an M-Performance knob

I missed having the illuminated knob like my Z3M had. Yes, I know where the gears are.. but it's fun to look at at night rather than just empty black space.

Anyways.. glad to be here. These are fun forums with some great Zs!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0