Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E89Tardis View Post
Here is a different tack.

If "they" determined that the wheel on the other side cracked because it was defectively manufactured.

And this wheel cracked in a similar orientation to that defectively manufactured wheel,
And this wheel is of the same date code and lot number as the defectively manufactured wheel,
It is reasonable to believe that this wheel cracked for the same reason as the other wheel..... and bent as a result.
Since "they" already determined defective manufacture of one wheel, I think the burden of proof would be on them, to prove that the other was not defective in the same way. This is how I think a small claims judge (or clerk) would see it.
No metallurgist or expert witnesses required. Just simple common sense based on "their" initial report of the other wheel. ...... So the bend occurred after ??? Impossible to prove or deny. But that wasn't a vote option so I had to abstain. My money is on you if it ever went to a small claims court.
Very good point indeed

There is a stamping inside the wheel (still have to take a photo of it) that shows the date of manufacture ... the year and a lot of DOTS for the month.

I will go to the dealer on Tuesday and take photos of the hairline cracks there locations etc as well as the production date. It will be very valuable information to have.

Thanks again, glad to see some input

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0