View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
jimi900
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Enjoying Dad's e89 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
2012 35is and >1,200 miles driving on our ED. A good 120 minutes in the 125-160ish range (mph) at the end if it. Never limped it. Then ESS tuned and two days of very spirited driving with the in-law's driving their M roadster and no limp for us.

I did track my N55 auto an limped it 3 laps into manually shifting, but no limp for the first 4 runs in AT sport mode.

I'm very surprised you could limp you 35is on public streets without wrecking it, causing a wreck, or getting arrested.

Well to be honest, we were not out on public roads, we were out at the local road course tracking the 35is. We have done this a few times and never had any issues. The 35is actually does really well on a track. We usually run 5 (2 drivers, each with 5 15 minute session back to back) 40 minutes rounds, and it is normally much warmer outside then it was the day we ended up in limp mode. I am going to put the limp mode problem being caused by the super dirty track and us over working the traction control. My father was able to make it through his 15 minute session and I was never able to make it past 5 minutes in on either of my sessions.

The HPFP was changed out already due to a load noise, and have had any other issues since.

Jim

Last edited by jimi900; 11-21-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0