View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

I wish I could advise you, but I'm not really familiar with how these things work. I got the Alpines because of the brightness, even light distribution and having the AE's stay on with the low beams. Besides the ballast, there is a capacitor in the harness. Maybe that has something to do with the AE's staying on withe the low beams. Do you know what brand you have?

Yes, some complain of the brightness, but I'm OK with it and I don't think I'm blinding anyone at night. I couldn't get a picture of them because they're too bright for the picture, at least at night.

I should point out that I think Alpine is out of business. I blew a bulb and was unable to contact Alex after many attempts. I went ahead and placed an online order anyway and my charge was reversed (he must be an honest guy!). Because the HID kits all have some differences in connectors, getting a bulb from someone else was no possible. I opted to get a new kit that is being shipped as we speak. It was from www.distantextremes.com. Dave there is a very knowledgeable guy and I feel confident with his product. FWIW.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0