11-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickshifter69 View Post
Hope I don't get flamed for this, I'm curious to see how many of you have gone from an E9X M3 to E89 Z4 and if any regrets?
I did it. From a 2011 E92 M3 Competition Package to a 2012 Z4 35i.

No regrets because they are completely different cars...

1) The M3: a GT that is almost a sport car. The most involving and funny to drive car i had in my life. If i close my eyes I can still ear the intake sound of the V8 revving up to 8.3k, the brutal upshifting (DCT, manual mode) the perfect and super fast downshifting approaching a corner (DCT, manual mode)... The first time i drove the M3 i thought: this is THE CAR! As a reference when i switch to the M3 i was coming from a 2010 Cayman S PDK. IMO, the M3 is better. The M3 is really REALLY gorgeous to drive: great NA V8, great chassis, great steering, great feeling @ the track. An angry beast. But... not good looking for my tastes. A bit boring aesthetically speaking.

2) The Z4: Beautiful !!... the best thing money can muy in terms of look, versatility (retractile hard top). I saw her @ the dealer and i fell in love. But: no comparison with the M3 in terms of performances. Worse steering, worse feeling @ the track and, speaking with a total respect for the "torquey" N54,.... less refined and involving engine. The zed is a roadster... a baby to look at every time i can, to drive around with a permagrin, but not a sport car.

The best thing would be to have both. A guy here has both (in white if I remember right his signature). Not my case .
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.

Last edited by javol; 11-26-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0