07-31-2022, 05:03 PM   #10
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
You are right KennyP; I am wrong. Apologies to all. I double-checked mine and it is indeed a 677 and, indeed, it sounds like crap (even compared to the Bose system in my 2018 Mazda 3!!)
hmm... i dont have many systems to compare it wit h but..

I find my z4 sound way better than midrange Meridian system in Land Rover Discovery Sport... though that system is alot less powerful 300watts or so... dont really remember...

Best comparison i can do is 2017 Mercedes E400 wagon with Burmester Surround sound... 13 speakers 590 watts. Burmester is good but i still kind of prefer my Z4-s Hifi professional. Especially when i turn it up louder... Maybe its because e class wagon is alot larger car and that 590 watt system kind of dissipates in a larger cabin and feels weaker. In Z4 everything is close around you.
For sure i wouldnt say that Z4 sound is crap compared to that Burmester.
Similar i guess... They both arent really meant for thumping bass... its more about clarity and fidelity.
i was expecting that Burmester to be amazing and blow me away.. but it didnt.