View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #10
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Haven't gotten a chance to make an appointment to the garage yet, but I did take a quick look over it with a good friend. Couldn't get the wheel off because we didn't have a jack that fit under the Z since it sat too low... but from a quick peak, everything seems to be ok. It drives fine as well.

However, I did notice that the wheels look slanted (e.g. it's supposed to look like | but instead looks like \) It's a gross exaggeration and not as severe of course. The interesting part is that all 4 wheels are slanted, not just the two that I hit. Is this normal on the Z? I checked my other two cars and it looked straight. Yes, I did make sure to double and triple check that the steering wheel was straight.

This is the driver front (not the wheel I hit) It looks like the left side of the wheel is pointing out a little instead of straight, while the right is pointing in towards the driver's seat.

Driver rear. Looks like the left side is pointing slightly into the car, while the right is pointing out. The rear wheels aren't supposed to turn, so that doesn't make sense.. unless the Z4 is supposed to be like this? I tried looking at it from different angles and it still looks like this. The picture was taken with my standing dead center in front of the roundel.

Finally, passenger right, the wheel that the impact was on. Left points in, right points out.

I'm not sure if anyone knows why this might be...

If anyone has the time, could they take a look at their car to see if their wheels look like this, or are mine just really poorly aligned/major bent wheels on all 4?

Edit: Sorry for the super large images... don't know how to make them smaller...

Last edited by CedarZ4; 03-03-2013 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0