View Single Post
      05-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
geoaero
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4, 2010 MB E350 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwagner00 View Post
I'm still a bit confused. You said there was a depost+security deposit, so (let's assume depost was $1000) do you have a canceled check for $1700 made out to the dealer? Or a credit card receipt?

I'm assuming that by "the security deposit wasn't there" you mean that the final paperwork said (assume car was $50,000) that you owed $49,000 and paid them $49,000 on delivery. In which case, showing them the canceled check or whatever, should be enough?
The initial out-of-pocket that I negotiated was $5600 - included first month's lease payment, acquisition fee, security deposit, licensing fee, and the rest was down payment. Since the car was to be ordered and built, they wanted a $2000 down payment. I made good with the other $3600 when I signed the final papers. I have a credit card receipt for $2000, but it is generic, and doesn't include the details of what it was for.

The new car order form (that I presume is sent to BMW) states that first payment, security, acq/lic fee, is included in the $5600. However, when I signed the long form lease papers, I didn't realize that they needed to list the security deposit there - or so they say. And since the deposit is not listed in these final sales papers, they told me to take a hike. Literally. Rude SOB sales manager.

Thanks for pressing me on making this clear. My document for the Attorney General will be more clear :-)

I think I'll win in the end (cross fingers here). If nothing else, I'm annoyingly persistent.
Appreciate 0