Putzo
Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKo View Post
I am a little late to the game here, but as a lawyer in Atlanta, GA, and as a Z4 owner with now 2 cracked and 1 bent wheels, of which BMW replaced the 2 cracked ones with 296s and I had to pay to fix the bent one, I am ready to prepare a lawsuit to force BMW to remediate the defective wheels for all owners in the U.S. If you are interested, please send me an email to akoplan@yahoo.com. I like this arbitration, but perhaps I can force change for us all without having to individually file for arbitrations. I already have some experience in this arena, having fought bitterly (with many others) to force BMW NA to install oil coolers in all N54 engines in the 335s when they first came to market and regularly overheated. I am hopeful we can achieve a similar outcome here. I am really upset about these wheels and we absolutely deserve better.

I'm happy to see this. So far (knock wood) I've been fairly lucky. Only one cracked rim on my 335i (style 230) that was replaced under a purchased wheel and tire warranty and, to date, no cracked 326Ms on my Z4. I know the 326Ms aren't immune and I've been keeping an eye on them, but I'm under factory warranty until January 2017 so there's a long road ahead. It'd be nice to see BMWNA's policy changed with respect to this.

Congrats to OP.
Appreciate 0