09-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT4me View Post
Hey squireG, I tried to replace the speakers and added 2 JLA amps and the system still sounded horrific. The headunit has such heavily equalized output, that nothing can totally save it, garbage in and garbage out. I replaced the headunit with the new pioneer double din navi and audio unit, the speakers are JLAs as are the amps, and it is like day and night. Professional installation highly recommended and worth it, sounds better than the premium with more flexibility, and now I have navi without the BMW's clumsy Idrive.
I assume that you're talking about installing something like the JL Audio or Pioneer AXM-P90RS that takes the BMW head unit signal, allows you to re-equalize it with pre-outs for digital amps, etc.?

I think the biggest thing people fight is getting a new headend unit that doesn't look poor and doesn't give up the functionality of the built in systems. But I really would like to see how the new headend fits! Please provide pics of it and the installation if possible.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0