View Single Post
      01-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #39
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

I hope I'm wrong, but based on size and body type, the only real comparison for the new z4 is going to be against the Lexus SC430 or the latest Infiniti G37 Coupe (which at least got a bigger better engine to go with its pig of a body). My current M Coupe will be my first and last BMW. There isn't anything wrong with the new Z4, it's just not in the same sports car class as the old Z4...

And for the person asking if anyone was going to track the new z4... yeah you can, but not competitively. Out of the box, you won't have the suspension, weight-advantage, non-run-flat tires, or limited-slip differential of the current e86 m coupe (all of which the Cayman S will have as of 2009). You'll get style points, for sure, but no matter how non-competitive an event is supposed to be, no one likes getting passed by "peer" type cars. (Although, as I stated before I do not belive any Porsche to be a peer of the e89+ z4). I also have to claim ignorance about the electronic hand brake...but if it automatically applies itself with no way to disable the function, then you won't ever be able to track the car, otherwise you'll end up immobile after a run (you never apply the hand brake when brakes are hot...bad bad bad)

Last edited by jragan; 01-01-2009 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0