12-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #78
suvidh
Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i , 2011 f10 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawson View Post
Hi, I noticed David M Bell's post in particular on this subject as I am from the same area- West Yorkshire. We purchased a Z4 s drive 30i M Sport in May this year and, like David, I cannot bear driving it with the roof up as the number of rattles and squeaks drives me mad when driving over poor road surfaces and small bumps at around 30-40 mph, we have had the car into the local dealer without success. My question for you David is 'Did you get it fixed to your satisfaction and what was the problem caused by?' It would be great if you can let me know!
I had the rattle which turned worst after a long trip. It sounded like a loud rattle from loose hinges or bolts. The dealer was able to fix it . They didnt disclose which parts were adjusted nor did i get an invoice since this was done under warranty.

If your current dealer isnt able to fix the rattle, you should visit another dealer who has staff who is familair with the roof assembley.

Once the rattle was fixed, the pleasure of the Z4 was back. This was fixed about 4 months ago.
Appreciate 0