View Single Post
      10-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #5
distinctperson
Human
Rep
Drives: 2014 E89 35is

jts1981, once I restarted my car, the low oil error disappeared. In the iDrive, whilst the error was still there, it showed that I had nearly no oil whatsoever (below midway, between blank and minimum on the gauge). Also, when I was inspecting the engine bay, I was unable to find any wet spots that would allude to a present leak. So I guess the question here, since you say it is irrelevant to the missing air scoop, is it normal for the car to throw such an error once in a while (I haven't seen this error since purchasing the car) ? Otherwise, what should I look for ?

talhagursoy, I have not witnessed any drop in boost levels (my perception could be off, however). I still redline the car about twice a week, and otherwise stay in the 4-5k rpm, and nothing has perceptively changed. But I'm glad to read that you can confirm it is necessary to remove the air scoop to remove the bumper/headlight, which affirms my theory that it must have been the body shop, because no other entity has had access to the car.
Appreciate 0