View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
mbetoni
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z435is

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmarkymark View Post
The configurator also has an option for the "individual contrasting hardtop" which I think is pretty slick though it doesn't give you an option on the color. I thought they offered silver or black. On a Mineral Gray build it is only showing silver...
Actually, this was an option beginning with the 2014 model year, though it previously wasn't in the configurator. As the site notes, you have to ask your dealer to code it when you order, and the options are limited. The top only comes in black or silver, and what color top you get depends on the exterior color you choose - in other words, mineral gray, deep sea blue and black sapphire all get the silver top, while mineral white, hyper orange and melbourne red all get black, hence the 'contrasting' hard top. It doesn't seem clear if it's available on the new (and seemingly gorgeous) sparkling brown, but as that seems like part of a complete package along with the interior, I'd kinda doubt it.

Finally, FWIW, I've seen a photo of a DSB car w/ contrasting silver roof and white interior: very nautical, and VERY beautiful.
Appreciate 0