View Single Post
      06-14-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
ray7792
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 35is

Ebay JCS CF lip spoiler and Ikon front lip review

Bored and drunk so just going to post about the lip spoiler and front lip I purchased off of ebay the other day. Haven't seen any other post like it really so maybe it'd help someone.

Rear carbon fiber lip spoiler was from jcsportline user on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-09-16-...53.m1438.l2649

Would definitely recommend this one, fitment was perfect, carbon fiber weaves look good. It came with 3M double sided tape already on it and it literally took like 5 minutes to measure and install.
I did however add a few more pieces of 3M towards the middle section. Up to your taste whether you like it or not. I think a debadged Z4 looks too plain so I got it.
Album:
View post on imgur.com

The CF front lip was purchased from ikonmotorsports user on ebay. They are pretty popular as far as "ebay" goes but wow do I regret it...
Link is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-09-16-...53.m1438.l2649

The lip itself was packaged very tightly screwing up the fitment badly.
It took about 2 hours with a heat gun to mold it back to an acceptable shape.
There was zero hardware & instructions, only thing it came with was the lip.
The whole piece was not carbon fiber to be expected. Even after all the heatgun work, the middle section did not fit perfectly as you can see from the pictures below. The sides were surprisingly good.

I had to use my own nut and bolt and a drill bit to make the wholes to install. Only the very outer edge used the factor clip. I also put some pieces of 3m Tape on the middle section.

Fitment was terrible, no hardware and instructions. I would not recommend ikonmotorsports. I got it during ebay sale for 320 but normally it is 400, I'd go with another ebay brand if you have to.
Album:
View post on imgur.com

Gaps even with lots of molding and heatgun. Due to bending it to fit, the carbon fiber teared a bit...

Just glad the side fitment was spot on, no gaps

Side shot of z4 35is with front lip and rear lip spoiler

How do I post the pictures with smaller resolution for the post but full size in link?

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
Tangent297.50