12-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #15
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBro View Post
Yeah, there are going to be some pissed manuf's and I can't blame them. However, I agree that my God, this is F1!! We shouldn't be pretending to "care" about being green and environmental. Who cares. Formula E is a circus sideshow and F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing innovation. So whatever it takes to get back to that, I'm happy with.
The current formula of FI engine paired with some form of hybrid component is highly relevant as many manufacturers are using this combination to increase economy but still maintain performance. Hence F1 using this type of power plant doesn't bother me at all.

What (somewhat) ruins the current regs re: the power train, is the stupid maximum fuel allowed and the fuel flow rate. This is the reason that the cars aren't allowed to rev to their full potential and create obscene power. Uncork the damn things and let them run without the ridiculous fuel constraints. We'll see even better racing than we did this year as the power/torque of the cars will really separate the 'men from the boys', AND the cars will sound much better at higher revs.

Bish
Appreciate 0