View Single Post
      08-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #83
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
First off the viper actually weighs closer to 3400# and the 3RS weighs about 3200#.
The tires on the 3RS are actually more aggressive than the viper (sport cup 2s have a 180TW and Kumho V720 have 200TW).

As for the power and downforce... Well that's a shame that a Porsche can't give you 600 horse and 1200# of downforce. Nothing was stopping them, and you certainly had to pay a lot more for the car compared to the viper.

... And I don't buy for one second the 3RS is more of a street car than the viper... It has much of the interior out, a cage installed, comes with r comps, fully adjustable harsh suspension. Then of course there are options for AC/Radio removal, fire extinguisher, 6 point harnesses, etc. You know the usual stuff you see on the street. I can an easily argue that the Viper is the more street friendly car.

I actually do like Porsche (the GT4 stole my heart), but when you are talking about the Viper and you put the word performance in there Porsche has nothing that can rival it, and it's sort of embarrassing considering how much the cars cost. I have my fingers crossed for you that the half million dollar 2RS can sneak out a faster time than the old Viper!
The elitist, snobby attitudes displayed by Porsche fanbois are a good reason why I don't have one anymore and won't be getting another one.
Fortunately not all of them are like that and plenty are real car fans. So they'd appreciate the Viper. I recall being invited to a friend's trailer who had two matching 196X Cup Cars and over dinner said if he could only have one car he'd have an E46M3. Another of his friends said 'well I'd have a Bentley', to which the first guy replied 'you can't track a Bentley'. That is a car enthusiast.

Motorsportenterprise, if you ever take your 'track ready but daily driveable' GT R car to the track, do not be surprised when all manner of BMWs tear your doors off.
I am sure some of them are trying to spread some M Power love to the owners of these special race cars. Some of them could have GT3 'race cars' but prefer other brands just to stick it to snobs.

I've found the way it usually works is that first the GT3/RS is a 'race car'. Then, when someone has built a M3 to beat it, then you start hearing about how 'daily driveable' and 'race car for the street' it is. All this from a dude standing next to his trailer that holds the GT3. Speaking to someone who drove their M3 for 6 hours to the track.
I kid you not, at a track event this year someone driving one of those cars came and told me I was cheating because I had removed my rear seats. I am not kidding. In my 4 door M3, I am cheating because I removed the rear seats.

Seriously, if I were in a Ford Fiesta ST forum and there were some people there who didn't shut up about the M3 I'd eventually think "what the hell are these clowns doing here? why don't they put their big boy pants on and go buy an M3 and leave us Fiesta ST guys alone? Who cares about the M3 in a Fiesta ST forum?"
It must be a sad existence to be so in love with brand X but somehow own brand Y and spend the day in brand Y's forum talking about how great brand X is.

As you say and I said earlier, what exactly is stopping Porsche from providing a proper track car for $140k? Are we supposed to applaud that they need a $300k list car to beat a manual Viper? Also, care to remember that the GT2 RS time will be done after what, 100 passes? The Viper did this in a single day.

I'm in GT3s quite often and their ride is so punishing it makes my MCS suspension E90 track car feel like a Caddy in comparison. It never ceases to amaze me. For someone to sell that this is 'daily driveable' is laughable. You *can* daily drive a GT3 in the same way you can walk 10 miles to work. No one actually does it.

I fondly recall some poor bloke on this forum who bought into the GT3 hype and got rid of his E9X M for the GT3. A few months later he sold it because it was completely unusable on the street. And now I'm being told a GT3 RS is daily driveable? In what world?

In 5 years I have literally never seen a GT3 RS drive to/from the track. They are all dedicated track cars. I don't know who Motorsportenterprise tracks with, but I track with PCA... and instruct for PCA. I'll anxiously wait for one of these daily driven GT3s to show up! Any day now! I'm so excited!
Appreciate 0