04-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGigglebox View Post
Hey guys, kind of a strange question...

What do you do with the microfiber rags that you use to buff the wax off? I've been hesitant to put them in the washing machine, but just buying new ones is getting to be a pain in the ass. I was afraid that the wax may have a detrimental effect on the washing machine as a whole and that the washed rag may no longer be suitable for wax jobs down the road. Not sure what could happen to the rag, but I've been somewhat paranoid about it. I would hate to end up with a rag that "looks" ready to be used again, but isn't.

I've been washing mine now for years. The washer still works. My nice small & large drying micro fiber towels see waxing and detail liquid dirt - 3 yrs and stillworking. My yellow costco micro fiber rags, that I use to detail/wax/clean the interior get turned into other rags, like for wheel cleaning, when they pick up any dirt or debris which may scratch the topcoat. After that they get moved down the dirt chain further to oil change, repair rags - the wifes E46 with 130K miles consumes these. Next stop is the trash, after approx. 8 washes & repurposing. All get washed with liquid Tide, liquid color safe bleach, liquid fabric softener, & anti static shhets in the dryer.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0