View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Pilot View Post
Raven, you are correct that we can't use the parking brake to motivate the rear end around. However, if you pull up on the switch and hold it up the brakes will engage to slow the car to a stop in an emergency situation. It is listed as such on page 49 of my manual (2012). Yes, I have never tried that feature out!
I've tried the EMF at slow speeds less than 15 mph. You have to physically hold up the switch to activate and as soon as you release the switch the brakes release. Unfortunately as you stated no power sliding assists with the EMF brake as all four wheel brakes are activated in the dynamic emergency braking mode. I didn't held it on long enough to see if the ABS becomes active - I assume it will. The RFT's are nearing the end of their life so I make that a test before I throw them away.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0