Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
You're saying not to use a BMW certified collision center to repair a crashed BMW because BMW might void the warranty later on?

That doesn't make sense to me.

In my opinion OP had a (minor) collision, so he should take it to a BMW certified collision center, use his insurance to fix what is needed (if anything needs to be fixed other than alignment), and go on enjoying the car. If the vehicle is repaired to BMW standards by a BMW certified collision center, there is no reason there should be any warranty issues.

I would say the opposite is true if the OP uses a random indy shop. I personally would proceed with extreme caution when going to an indy (personally I only use an indy collision repair shop if I am certain a BMW franchise dealer farms collision repair work out to that indy shop)
I meant for the evaluation only (like a second opinion), perhaps you miss-intereted my note or I may not have made myself clear.

I've been driving BMW's for 25 years and Mercedes' even longer. I just find that if the OEM does the evaluation then he is out already $100- just for showing up. The shops I refer to have ex- OEM mechanics or even the owner is an x-OEM mechanic. I get our 1987 535is (my first Bimmer BTW - now driven by a family member) repaired there if I cannot handle it. Repairs are in general 1/2 the cost that the OEM would charge me. etc. etc.

It just makes sense to get a second opinion and the OP should get his car onto a lift and have an experienced mechanic have a good look and feel from under his car.

I never advised him (the OP) to have it repaired there that is up to him.

I don't think his insurance would cover this sort of damage if there is any damage to speak of (unless he intends to not tell them the actual fact).

So just to be clear, I am expressing an opinion here, I never tell people what to do.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0