nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy8282 View Post
Whew, that's great news! The article is not clear. I just read Great tips for taking care of your paint.
Indeed, "Much ado about nothing"

That being said,
It's being delivered next week from out of state.

Is there a type of ceramic coating that's better than another?
I also read esp w AW it would be good to get PPF on body behind the wheels and in front of door where tire debris can damage.
Suggestions?
I'm turning it in in three years but I like to keep it looking good. A little prevention up front can be worth it.

Thanks and Cheers!
great news on your pending delivery!
if there's a chance you will purchase after the lease, i would recommend protection, but personally, i wouldn't invest too much. still, you are entitled to spend the money and protect however you please. my previous car was a metallic white '15 Audi Q7 that i had for 5 years. in hindsight, i would've done ceramic for sure. my detailer uses Gyeon for ceramic, and i'm very pleased with it. i've also heard good things about CQuartz. inquire about durability. there are products and applications that will last 3 years, so do it once, and you're good!

as for ppf, most folks recommend full front and lower rocker panels including the lower doors at minimum. i would include the A pillars if you go this route. i ppf'd my whole X5 because i did a stealth transformation and plan to keep it a while.

there is ongoing assumption that ppf and/or ceramic will increase the value of your car at lease-end, but they won't. if u purchased and sold the car privately, it could. (i don't know about trading it in.) some auto insurances may not cover ppf or ceramic after an accident. just some stuff to keep in mind...

enjoy and be safe!
Appreciate 0