Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
One of my things is possibly taking the Z on a long tour, so I'm curious how it was for you. That's better than 400 miles if you take the coastal route, and 6+ hours in the seat if your drove straight through.

What seats do you have?

How was the Z for a long drive: Seat comfort, leg room, etc. Did you have to get and stretch your legs a lot?
I pretty much drove straight through on I-5, although I would have love to take the coastal route, but was press for time. I have manual sport seats and it was plenty comfortable for me. I only stopped once for gas and a quick bite to eat. Of course I encountered some in L.A. traffic and I was amazed I didn't mind it so much with my manual transmission. It is so smooth and easy to just keep it between first and second in the stop and go traffic. I mostly kept it on Normal suspension to keep it a bit more tolerable. And since my windows were recently tinted at the time, I had to keep the top up the whole way up.

It is not as quite and super luxo-comfort as say my previous 650 convertible, but it is definitely a lot more fun to drive. And I don't mind the long drives on this GT type of car. You planning a trip to San Francisco or Vegas? I can't wait to take on the coastal Hwy 1 this weekend with the BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter in Santa Cruz.