09-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Sultry Redhead is home.

Yesterday we picked up our 35is finally. It was a dealer demo with 264 miles on the clock. We stopped to eat and wait for traffic to clear then hit the road for some topless cruising. For the local Portland area people do yourself a favor and head down I-5 to Wilsonville and take Wilsonville Road out to Newberg. When you hit Newberg get on Hwy 219 and head out to Hagg Lake. Epic road for the Z. So we did about 100 miles and headed back home enjoying every minute behind the wheel. First impression, love the car. I was able to push the handling pretty hard on the roads we were on. Lots of tight 20 mph sweeping turns and I can see how/why the mags give it low marks on handling. My normal driving style is to go in deep, late brake, and come out hard. By doing that the car understeers and has a wierd dead spot in the steering. After trying that I slowed my entry and accelerated hard at the apex and she railed around the corner. It seems to like a little finesse and lots of throttle on exit. Once I had that figured out it was a different car. It still needs a stiffer rear sway bar but that is it besides ditching the RFT's. We had a blast. Pic's are coming.

Melbourne Red, black interior, Premium pack, Premium Sound, Cold weather pack, 326M wheels, Comfort access, and 3M clear bra.
Appreciate 0