View Single Post
      03-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Out of curiosity, what can a (assumingly) state of the art $6,000 system not do that a Dropcam can?
I'd like to know as well. As an anecdotal reference, one of my neighbors has the ADT camera system installed. He said it's totally useless for him even after he upgraded his ISP service at the suggestion of ADT. He said the delay between the actual real time event and when he sees it is totally unacceptable. He said he tested it with him in front of the camera moving and the delay was unbearable for him.

I showed him my Hikvision setup and he was amazed at the clarity and performance of the system. He thought it was professionally installed as he saw someone at the front of my house mounting the camera. I told him the person he saw installing it was me.

Another thing nice about owning your own system is you have total control over your video footage and you're not held hostage to not being able to work on the system on your own or any price hikes. If I want to upgrade or install a new camera, I don't need to have a service call by them and be charged accordingly.
Appreciate 0