View Single Post
      04-19-2016, 07:16 PM   #43
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I know it's a huge plus for Duncan that he has 5 championships, but Dirk's career has been more dominant, particularly on the offensive end. Duncan was a great defender and rebounder, but I think Dirk is an underrated defender (not anymore) and has been a pretty decent rebounder.

Duncan is the 5th best player on his current team and Dirk is still the best on his at 37, tied 1-1 with the Thunder. The Mavs have made the playoffs 15/16 years and despite not having as much success as the Spurs, they've won a championship, gone to the Finals twice, and been in the Western Conf finals multiple times.

Duncan hasn't been the best player on the Spurs in probably 7 years and his franchise is the most incredible part of his career. The Spurs are the best team in the NBA (debatable, but top 1-2) and they don't even play Duncan.

My point is, Duncan's career is amazing but his organization is a huge part in always putting together a championship team.
At the end of the day - Duncan is a more accomplished player in longevity, awards, and consistency.

Regardless of the players or system around him - Duncan is still relevant on a 67 win team fighting for a championship. The Lakers, with Kobe, are a lottery team in his last year.

Dirk is a great player - not even close to Duncan though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0