10-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #48
alms21
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Wow that's quite the list of past cars, how do you like the S5 in comparison to the 06 Cayman S and C6' s you had?
I have gone through so many damn cars in the past five years that I wanted to try. Its actually embarrassing. My '06 CaymanS was the best handling car I have ever been in...just a bit underpowered for what I wanted. The new CaymanS is simply brilliant as far as I am concerned (for a fun, non daily driver) and one my wife wants me to seriously consider when the time comes for me to get back into a sports car. The C6 Vettes were a lot of fun but really lacked on the interior...especially coming from a Euro car background. The C7 has addressed this a ton. I still love the exterior looks of the widebody C6's though.

The S5 is a great daily driver GT type car. Nice around town power/tq. Fantastic interior appointments and layout. Love Audi's MMI system. Much better/intuitive than BMW's Idrive plus I hate the Ipad'ish Nav that looks to be just stuck on the new BMW M3/4. I was about to do the APR tune/pulley swap which adds nearly 100 whp to the car but then decided on the career change and elected to put the car up for sale. The S5 is not a car that I would have as a fun/weekend type of car. I said this about my former M3's as well. They are fantastic performance oriented daily driver GT cars.
Appreciate 0