View Single Post
      03-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #12
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob8604 View Post
So I took the car in for a "pre purchase vehicle inspection" at my local bmw dealer whcih does a thorough check.

They called back and said the car was in pretty good condition.
They did however find some fluid leaks, noting the Valve cover gasket leaking, mechatronics sealing sleeve and spide pan on trans leaking. Luckily they said this was covered under warranty which I was surprised because I bought this car thinking the warranty was up, warranty is good for about another two months. He also said the front wheels were slightly bent which could cause vibration although I haven't noticed anything while driving. Anyways I just dropped the car off tonight and the issues are getting fixed tomorrow.

I thought I saw where the valve gasket problem was kind of common in this car. This car has about 22k miles
See if you can get the service history especially on the DCT leak. My Z4 was fixed before I bought it for a mechatronics leak. I found that it was leaking shortly after I bought and BMW tried to fix it but it still leaked. I went back to BMW with the same problem again and the replaced the entire DCT because they could not fix the leak.
Appreciate 0