Mr Breeze
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
Hey Mr Breeze - long time no hear.
I thought you must have been out having too much fun...

I would be interested in this cover solution. Red or Yellow might look good. with a simple BMW text logo.

As long as they can cover the front and back... For a reasonable price...
Look forward to the details, pics and prices.
Hey Dr Stig,
Yes, it has been a while. Too much time playing with my other BMW's (R1200R and the new K1600 GTL - 2 wheelers)

Here's the link:
http://www.calipercovers.com/

They aren't the fake plastic Brembo types, but rather powder coated aluminum. They are $200 with the MGP logo and the bolt pattern. If you go without the MGP letters but with the bolt pattern it adds $25. They don't have the roundel logo, but they can do "BMW" in the same style as their standard MGP letters.

I thought red might look good, I considered painting the calipers (I even put red masking tape on the calipers so I could see what it would look like) and I did like the touch of red but I thought it would draw too much attention to the calipers which in my opinion don't look good - unless maybe in black or silver so it blends into the dark shadows inside the wheel. If I were to do either BMW BBK or Brembo BBK, I'd do the red, but for now, just the covers to hide them a bit more.

I'll post pics when I get them so everyone can share their opinions.
Appreciate 0