12-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #78
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I don't see your point. All M cars have been low volume sellers by design. And their built/performance/features justifies their price quite well.
Then how do you explain that the 1M, having similar parts and track performance as your M3, yet, at least here in China, costs only half? And it even has the improved mpg figures of modern turbo-charged M-cars. As far as I am concerned it also comes with iDrive, bluetooth and what not...

No, I am teasing you, so please don't explain that. I can easily understand why you paid extra for your M3. It is so much more than just a car. And I also understand why other people select the 335i even they could easily afford the M3. I also know Porsche has been the most profitable car company in the world, and I know an LV bag is not worth what people pay for it. Yet I do not feel any need to call these products over-priced. Because it is not really my problem if they company selling those products makes a profit or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The current Z4 is not at the same level at anything M for its price.
Right, and nothing M is anything like a roadster... or SUV, oh wait...

Anyway, what you are saying is basically that the M3 cabriolet is the right-priced or even under-priced alternative to the over-priced Z4?

Appreciate 0