Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I came from HK, so air is free. It's a bit surprising to come back and find out that in Canada (at least in Toronto), one has to pay $1 every time to pump tires. What alternatives do you guys use? Any good suggestions on tire gauges and pumps so that I can DIY? Thx.
Ever since my 2 rear wheels cracked I take no chances and check my air pressure quite often. I recommend you purchase yourself a good air compressor from Canadian Tire (one that has a gauge ~ meaning once you connect it to the tire it shows you the pressure you have now in the tire). Then simply you add whatever you need to add. It works very well. I think I paid around $35- for it.

See the picture in my garage here

In my previous car I had one that was powered from the cigarette lighter. Make a Google search or check at your local Canadian Tire store what they have. I am sure you find something suitable.

PS. On my US road trip I also had to pay for air see everyone wants to make money.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 09-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: added a PS
Appreciate 0