Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

ok, not really DIY, but still mods...

Done
1) ESS tune
2) Wind-screen mounted video recorder (not hardwired)
3) Tinted side windows (I don't like the look of it, but China gets extremely hot during the summers. Also, because the Z4 is really an attention magnet, I occasionally need the extra privacy... )
4) Inner brake-light-bulbs black out (2 bulbs). I just think it looks better when only the two outer bulbs work (together with the strip in the middle). BTW I never use the rear "fog lights", which is essentially just turning on the outer brake lights. I do like the Chinese and turn on the yellow warning lights if there is fog...

On my wish list
1) A muffler by-pass system which can be enabled/disabled with only a screw driver. (But I haven't figured out how yet)
2) Latest gen rfts for my 18" wheels (for less tire noise and a more comfortable ride). I am not after more grip, because I love being able to slide around at slower speeds, but I do want a more quiet ride.
3) 2013 maps for China, Russia and Europe in case I want to go for a road trip next year. But I unsure if its possible to install so many maps at the same time...
4) LCI rear lamps maybe? I think it looks wrong that the side brake lights turn on much slower than the light in the middle... I hope the LCI comes with LED brake lights, and that the LCI lamps are plug and play with pre-LCI models.
Appreciate 0