03-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #116
Tonipepperoni77
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 30i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I've had my 2011 35is for three days now and for the record, here are my initial experiences:

~This is the fastest car I have ever driven and I driven a few good ones. It's impressive how it can go from a relatively tame cruiser to raging monster in the flick of a throttle.

~ The fit and finish is as expected for BMW. I am so happy with the red leather, especially when considering that early on in my search, I was not even considering red interior. I think it is the most complimented aspect so far.

~ There is a lot to learn about the iDrive system, and that's ok by me. I decided early on that it was a must have, and it was the best decision for me.

~ On the other side, there is clearly a learning curve regarding the ventilation system for me. There seems to be a real penchant for the windshield to fog up, and I feel like there is a weird reflection from the dash onto the windshield too. Maybe that is enhanced by the seemingly constant effort to clear the condensation from the windshield, I don't know yet.
I have not completely absorbed the owners manual, so some of these issues may be resolved with some more research.

~ I will admit that I sweated the necessary mounting of a front plate onto my car. Ultimately I got the BMW unit and mounted it lower than what was recommended, so it didn't interfere visually with the grills, and will get over having to drill holes into the car.

~ I had received the car after being shipped across the country with a Check Engine light lit. I suspected that it was due to the extended time without charging the battery as it traveled from California to Boston. After a couple of days use, the light shut off on it"s own and all is well. It never showed any issues when I initiated a system check while displaying the Check Engine light.

All in all, after an extended search and lengthy learning process about the Z4, I am very happy with the car I found, and it's equipment is as I desired.
Fast, stylish and fun. These are the things that come immediately to mind when I report on my new Z4 35is.

Stay tuned for more...

~
Glad to see a fellow Mass z4 owner is happy
Appreciate 0