View Single Post
      03-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2012 View Post
I'm not knocking the IS, just the jurnalists that make it seem like it's a Ferrari in comparison to the 35i. but yes BMW would love if every 35i owner would turn in their car for their Is, marketing 101. that's why they do the facelifts and software updates, they know people will fall for it upgrade cars and they keep making money. all the manufacturers do that.
Thanks Memphis. As I'm sure everyone here can relate with ordering something sight unseen, I'm scouring the net for info as I languish for the next 6 months awaiting pickup. So I appreciate any and all feedback as my anxiety plays out here.
Agreed, I think it's a bunch of hype right now.. But, reading between the lines, what I do find a little disconcerting is the lack of real world, hands on reviews. As this article clearly illustrates, most of what I've read so far seems to be regurgitated press junkets and/or re-hashed reviews from 2 or 3 journalists on the planet that have actually driven the car. I mean it was released as a 2010 in Europe wasn't it? Shouldn't we have some footage of something other than that of the press release?? It kinda feels like i've ordered "Z4 iS-VaporWare".....
Appreciate 0