02-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #26
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz4 View Post
I wouldn't expect to much from tightening the grates, the vibration comes from all of my front speakers. This seems to be a design flaw. The speakers just seem to be nested in less than dense areas. I'm afraid that the vibrations will persist but I'm going to give it a shot. I don't know about everyone else, but the rattle on mine is to an embarrassing degree. 14 speakers that work together to produce a bunch of "premium" buzzing. Bach rolls over in his grave every time I play any of his piano compositions.
Actually on mine its mainly coming from the front speakers on the passenger's side. And only on certain "simple" tracks with piano and similar.

It is an option to find mp3s with sine wave sweeps and single tones of different frequencies to help provoke the rattling during trouble shooting. Even high-end loudspeakers can be made to produce some audible unwanted over-tones/vibrations (distortion) in this way. Its only a matter of how much you turn up the volume.

But yes, give it a shot. It may also help to tighten up the screws holding the speakers in place beneath the grates.
Appreciate 0