135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
sounds as if this is the read story... based on an experience at my dealer.

you had them work on the trim and add lube, but in the process of getting this all quite, the service guy broke the trim and just decided to push it back in to place...

now the top down and wind all going crazy it caught wind (the broken piece) and its airborne!

See, I had the service guys update my navigation system last year, and I noticed the OBD cover was a tad off when I got home. Well, in the process of plugging in the connector they pushed too hard and the harness broke away from the plastic clip. So the harness was just laying in there behind the plastic trim.

Long story short, in the end I just wish the technician would just fess up to the damage, it happens, no big deal. I would rather them say Mr So&So, we snapped a piece of trim work while working on your car, but we have the new part on order, do accept our sincere apologies.. instead of finding out under my own detective work....

seems the wind did your detective work for you...

just my 2 cents...

glad they are covering it.. sounds like maybe they know what happened without saying...