View Single Post
      04-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
baldguyj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive

Alright SpeedDemon7, finally had a “too crowded” day at the beach this weekend and tackled this job. And thanks to your DYI instructions, worked great! My t-tap worked at first but when I pushed the wiring back up it gave way, I don’t think it is made for tight areas. I spliced and used electrical tape as well. For all you 9500ix users the control module fits up in that compartment as well but of course you cant get to it. I shoved it up there for 2 reasons, 1. The section that housed the fuse was too large to fit between the housing and windshield; I could have spliced but… 2. For the past 2 weeks I never used the one that was attached to the supplied unit. I guess if I ever live in such a market or travel a lot that I’ll need to use it, I can take it down and attach on the left side of the housing. But this thing with the GPS has learned all the trouble spots between work and home and now if it goes off, good chance there’s trouble ahead. I got hits from 2 miles away with a state trooper facing the other way, love the RF bounce.
Thanks again Speed.
Appreciate 0