View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
The only thing I would add is why not get a leftover 2012 or 2013.
My problems with 12/13 models center on their typical option mix, not the minor details of year-over-year changes, and definitely NOT whatever discounts are available (few at present, more later). The new 2014 standard equipment and package configurations put some "essential" options in just about every car whereas they were missing from just about every car in prior years. For example, Comfort Access (remote entry/start) is a big deal for the wife (her car) since she has less ready access to a key than I do with all my pockets. The Tech Package puts all the heretofore miscellaneous communication options in one place. While still a standalone option, Park Distance Control (proximity beepers) is a necessity for my wife (and me so I don't have to pay for bumper repairs on all four corners!)

Besides such convenience options which most customers (guys) were apparently more than willing to pass up, there are some anomalies in the used/prior year market that I don't get. First, I (my wife) don't need the boosted engine in the 35is. Also, the 35is seems almost universally to have the 19" wheels which I don't want due to comfort/handling issues. Therefore, the 35i is the preferred vehicle. But in the 35i, M Sport is an option, so many current cars don't have it. Of the ones that do, irritations like the ones I mentioned above operate to restrict acceptable candidates. Finally, if you're paying north of $50k for a car, spending another thousand or two to make it "perfect" is more sensible than paying 98% of the price and NOT getting what you want. Thus 2014 35i ordered EXACTLY as desired.
Appreciate 0